keskiviikko 11. toukokuuta 2016

Making shawls

I've been really into making shawls lately, both knit and crochet. I don't know why because I don't even wear them that much but maybe I should start now.

Here are two crochet triangle shawls where the main part is made with the same pattern and the edging is different for both. Both of these are my own patterns.


The first one is simpler, made with Drops Baby Merino and Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic Dégradé. The edging is made with a 3,5mm hook and the main part with I think a 4,5mm.


This shape was easy to block. I think this is a nice and simple basic shawl pattern.


This is the second one, the main part is the same pattern as the first one. I only had one skein of that yarn so I made it larger with the white part. The yarn for the main part is Akvarelli Elli, a Finnish wool yarn, and I again used a 4,5mm hook. The white yarn is Schachenmayr Fine wool and the green is the same yarn used in the first shawl, and for this part I used a 3,5mm hook.


A better picture of the pattern details.


This picture is from March this year when I started making these shawls. It took me a while to finish the last details, as always, but I'm pretty happy with these.





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti