keskiviikko 31. elokuuta 2016

I'm addicted

So last year I bought a book called Puikkomaisterin sukkakirja by Tiina Kaarela (on Ravelry here), that has many gorgeous designs for socks that at first seemed to be too difficult for me to make. I decided to start by making a pair of legwarmers that had lots of fair isle but simple enough, so I started making the first one at the end of last year and I finished it sometime early this year. Then I just forgot about making the second one, until last week, and now the pair is finished.


I had so much fun making the second one and now I'm absolutely addicted to colourful fair isle, I can't wait to finish the project I'm currently making so that I can start a new one right away.


This pattern is called Pirkko and the yarn I used is Hot Socks Neon by Gründl, except for the brown and dark green which are both 4-fädig by Regia. I used 2mm needles to knit these.


Immediately after the legwarmers I started making a pair of knee-high socks from the same book. This design caught my eye right after buying the book and I thought it would be too difficult, but I proved myself wrong! This is only the first sock but I'm already thinking about which pair to start after this one.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti