torstai 17. joulukuuta 2015

A very short list of christmas makes

And by short I mean short, because it's only two things (and only one of them is finished at the moment).

The first one is a set for a baby: a jumpsuit, hat, socks and mittens. I was very excited when I was asked to make this, because there are no babies in my family and I've always wanted to make something for a baby.


Here's the set. The yarn is Drops Baby Merino and the pattern is this one from Drops Design, except for the mittens, which I just made up. I also made a string to connect the mittens to one another but it's not yet in this picture.


This is the back with the buttons.


A picture from the beginning of the project. I made the legs and sleeves with dpns and then used a circular needle for the body


I also made this little "card" for the washing labels and the extra buttons. The quality is not very good, I smudged the ink a bit... But it's fine I guess. Here you can also see string connecting the mittens.


This is the second christmas gift, as you can see it's still in an early stage but I'm sure it'll be finished in time. It's going to be a pair of socks, the pattern is Rhombus by Cookie A. 

Not a lot of gifts this year. I'll probably make something for my mom too, but I'll let her choose the pattern first. I've been busy this fall with other projects, so I'm glad I didn't have a huge list of christmas gifts on the side. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti