sunnuntai 27. joulukuuta 2015

Socks

Earlier this fall I was so busy with other projects that I started to miss making socks, fantasizing about buying a colourful sock yarn and just knitting simple stockinette stitch. So when I finally had some more time to make what I wanted, I cast on a couple of pairs, and when I finished them, I started new ones. This has reminded me how much I love making socks, either from a pattern or just starting something random and going with that.

I'll start with the ones where I used a pattern.



These ones I mentioned in my very short christmas present post. I finished them in time and the person who got them was very happy. The pattern is Rhombus by Cookie A.




This is also Cookie A's pattern, called Wanida. The yarn is Finnish wool, called Kirjo-Pirkka. It took me a bit long to finish these, since I'm not a big fan of weaving the ends in, but now that they are done I'm happy with them.

For these next ones I didn't use patterns, so they might not be as fancy looking but they were still fun to make.




This is a second edition (I think) of the Arne & Carlos sock yarn. A toe-up pattern. I tried to make the socks as similar as possible (= matching the colours), so that they would look more like actual fair isle socks. The heel looks a bit wonky and weird, but it fits my foot well enough. I still need some practice with these toe-up socks.




These I made for my mom. The yarn is Novita 7 Veljestä, and I used two different multi-coloured balls, one has bright rainbow colours and the other has shades of brown and grey. With these ones I didn't even think about matching the colours, I just started the second sock right where I finished the first one, but as you can see, the colours accidentally matched almost perfectly.




Another pair for my mom which I just started. The first sock is now finished but I don't have a picture. These pics look funny when put side by side, because the light in them is so different that it almost looks like two different projects, sorry about that.

  


Now these are a perfect example of me just starting a project without having any idea and just doing what comes to mind. I like them even though they look weird. The yarn is three shades of 7 Veljestä, a multi-coloured one plus dark grey and light blue. 




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti