maanantai 14. joulukuuta 2015

My first post

So I decided a good subject for my first post would be some socks I've made recently (well, "recently", some of them are a year old maybe, but these are socks I've made for myself and that doesn't happen very often).


These I've been using quite a lot lately, the yarn is thin so they fit nicely in my shoes with all the other socks I have on (my feet get cold easily so I usually wear at least two pairs of socks).
The pattern is Gothic Spire by Cookie A and the yarn is Novita Pikkusisko.


Here is a close-up of the pattern. I really liked it, it was simple and easy but still interesting and a bit different.


These I use when I'm at home. They are super warm because of the alpaca in the yarn.
The pattern is from Novita Sukkalehti 2015 and the yarn is Novita Alpaca Wool.
(Novita is a Finnish company, they make yarn and magazines, which are easily available in almost every store so I like to use them.)


This one is my own pattern, I came up with that cable-thing for another project and I wanted to use it in socks. Yarn is Novita Nalle.


This is also my own pattern, the yarn is leftovers from a blanket. I like these, they fit my feet well. I should make more socks like these.



These were fun to make, the pattern was simple enough because I hadn't done fair isle in a while before making these. The pattern is from a book called Country Weekend Socks by Madeline Weston and yarn is Novita 7 Veljestä. In the original pattern the fair isle pattern continued all the way to the end of the toes, but I remember getting tired of doing it....


This is the yarn designed by Arne & Carlos from Regia. The pattern is just a simple toe-up version.


These I made over two years ago, but I've been using them a lot so I put them here. These socks also tell me how much I have improved, I can see that the quality of my work is much better now( it's not really visible in the picture but still). I remember thinking it was a fun idea to reverse the colours for the other sock, but now it doesn't look so good to me any more. Maybe I should make a matching one for both of these. Yarn is Novita Nalle. Also this was one of the first times I made a pair of socks without using any patterns at all, even as a reference.



I wanted to put a picture of both sides because the yarn is so pretty. Unfortunately I have lost the label and I can't remember the name or the brand of this yarn. It might have been a German brand. I will try to look for it and if I find it, I'll edit it here. I made these when I was practicing the toe-up method.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti