tiistai 22. joulukuuta 2015

Some blankets

I went to visit my mom and wanted to take pictures of the blankets I have made that she has there. Currently there are three. I also have three blankets here at my apartment, but I have yet to take proper pics of them, so there will be another post about blankets sometime in the future.



First is the very first blanket I've ever made. I had (and still have) this huge box full of old yarns and left-overs from years ago. So I just randomly took yarn from the box, making sure there was enough of it to make two rows and just went with a simple ripple pattern. This took well over a year to finish, but I was, and still am, very proud with how it turned out. I also made a border with light pink.



Next is this one, the pattern is from a booklet that came with Simply Crochet -magazine issue 33. I absolutely fell in love with the colours when I got the magazine and I immediately ordered the yarn, it's Stylecraft Special DK, making sure I had all the same colours. The booklet has four other blanket patterns and I'm so tempted to make them all.






The last one is the most recent blanket I've finished. This is Persian Tile Crochet Blanket designed by Jane Crowfoot. I ordered the blanket kit from her website. 


Here I am joining the pieces after blocking. 


And this is the finished blanket. I made this for my mom and she absolutely loves it, as do I. It really turned out very nice. 


This last picture is not of a blanket, it's just a project I recently started. It's going to be a scarf.







Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti