sunnuntai 9. lokakuuta 2016

A cable jacket

This is a jacket that I made for my mom, and I'm very happy with. It was fairly quick to make, now that I think back, and the size is just right.



Front and back (these photos are super bright, sorry about that). There's many different cable patterns which were quite easy to memorize so I didn't have to look at the chart all the time. 
This pattern is from Novita Kesä 2016 and the yarn is 7 Veljestä. I used 5,5mm needles, half a size bigger that what the pattern said, and the knit fabric is nice and soft and not too tight which sometimes happens when there is a lot of cables.


This jacket is not 100% finished, because it doesn't have buttons yet, but when my mom picks the right ones it won't take me too long to sew them on. And I wanted to make a post because I'm really happy with this jacket and it was a nice project.


I started making a beanie with the leftover yarn, it has the same type of cables that the jacket has. I'm going to make it very long so you can fold the edge when wearing the beanie, which gives extra warmth to the ears and the forehead. This picture also has horrible light, it's dark outside and I don't have any special lamps for taking photos, which is why I try to take most of my photos in the daylight, but I don't think it's really that important.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti