tiistai 11. lokakuuta 2016

Spring flowers


A cute shawl that I'm very happy with! It's my own pattern, I wanted something with flowers and came up with the pattern for the hexagon and then I got the idea to join them to make a triangle shawl.


It's not very big and it has more of a lace kind of look to it, so I'm thinking this would be lovely to wear over my shoulders in the summertime.


Here it is on the blocking board. This yarn is Zauberball, I had two balls and they were enough for 28 hexagons and the edge, and I have a little bit of left overs from both balls. I used a 3,5mm crochet hook for the hexagons and a 4mm one for the edge.


Blocking really made a difference for me, before it I wasn't completely happy with how the pattern looked, but now I'm in love with how beautiful it turned out to be.


I also love how the long colour changes in the yarn make it so each hexagon is different from the other, and that there are both multi-coloured ones and ones that are the same colour all the way. I love the fact that winter is coming soon, but now that I made this shawl I can't wait for summer so I can wear it!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti