tiistai 12. tammikuuta 2016

The same jacket three times

Last spring I started making a jacket for my mom, using this pattern by Drops Design. I finished the jacket during the summer and we blocked it and I made the last details by sewing on the buttons and weaving in ends and all that. The jacket turned out great and she has been wearing it a lot.



This is it. This jacket is size L and made exactly like the pattern, where the multi-coloured yarn is Drops Fabel and the other one is Drops Alpaca.


Then her friend and co-worker saw the jacket and asked if I could make her one too. Of course. She wanted a purple stripe instead of the orange one, and I decided to make the whole jacket in Fabel so it would be easier to wash, since you can put Fabel in the washing machine but Alpaca has to be hand washed. 




These are the only pictures I have of the second jacket, since I finished it some time during the fall and it was given away pretty quickly. This is a size larger than my mom's jacket, XL, and made entirely in Drops Fabel.


But then, the friend who I made this jacket for, wanted to give it to someone else as a christmas present and asked if I could make yet another jacket that she would actually keep for herself. So I did, and I just finished it today and it has been delivered.



So this is the third jacket, this one is the largest size, XXL/XXXL, and like the second one, it's made with Drops Fabel only.


These jackets have kept my busy for a long time, and even though I liked making them, I'm happy to now be able to dedicate most of time for other projects, such as this one:





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti