perjantai 29. heinäkuuta 2016

Finally done

A vest for my brother.


This was another project that took way too long to finish. I started it sometime during last summer, I think, and it was forgotten pretty quickly. Then I picked it up again last month because I was determined to give it to my brother as a birthday present. I did finish it in time, kind of, because it was yet again left alone for a month before I sew on the buttons. And now it's finally 100 % finished!


This pattern is called Everyday Vest and it's from a book called Knitting Everyday Finery by Mel Clark. The yarn I used is Novita 7 Veljestä Viidakko with 5mm needles. The yarn makes a fun pattern which in my opinion looks very nice here because the vest itself is just simple stockinette stitch. The neckline is a bit wonky but maybe it will fold down better with time.


It also comes with pockets.


This pattern looks very nice, a great simple vest that would look good on both men and women. But I must admit that I find just plain stockinette so boring to knit, maybe that's why this vest took so long to make, although it is perfect with simple everyday pieces of clothing, such as this one.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti