torstai 7. heinäkuuta 2016

Light pink

A big shawl with a fringe that's super warm, perfect both for winter and the Finnish summer.



It has lots of different stitches: bobbles, leaves, a zig zag pattern and more.
This pattern is from a book that I bought from a second hand shop. It's from the 1980's and the original German title is Brigitte Stricken No 2 and the Finnish title is Oikein, nurin. Perusneuleita ja uusia malleja. It has a lot of patterns and stitches and I do want to make something more from this book in the future.
The yarn I used is Novita 7 Veljestä with 4,5mm needles.


Here it is blocking, without the fringe. I couldn't get the top edge to be perfectly straight but whatever. This shawl was actually knit from the bottom up, with a huge number of stitches at the beginning and then decreasing on every right side row until only 5 remained, then cast off. Because of that, making it felt very slow and kind of boring at first, but then got quicker and quicker as I went on.
I hadn't made a fringe in a long time, so that part was fun too and it makes the finished shawl look better than it would be without it.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti